Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Segundo, California
Posting Title Demand Planner - Specialist Requisition Number 182084 Location El Segundo, California Zip Code 90245 Job Category Logistics
* Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Position requires ability to apply critical thinking to dissimilar problems and deliver fact supported analysis. The applicant shall have the capability to utilize various data points, including shipment patterns, Point of Sale (POS) data, pricing, etc. to come up with an incremental, seasonal forecast for toys and SKUs assigned. Will need to continuously strive to improve the ways we operate by consistently bringing strong technical and leadership knowledge to the table.
* Process Management: Able to create, manage and improve existing processes to support Mattel SIOP process.
* Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results.
* Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, including sales, marketing and manufacturing.
* Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
* Communication Skills: Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and executives. Role will require leading cross functional meetings on key Mattel brands and being able to explain numbers and persuade commercial, finance, marketing and operations leads into prudent courses of action.
* Deductive Reasoning: Applicant should be creative and approach analytics in such a way as to deduce outcomes by understanding and applying data and other fact/logic problems to come up with forecasts and conclusions
* Other soft skills: independently motivated; meets deadlines; effective presenter.
* Bachelor s degree and 5 years of related experience.
* Or Master s degree and 1 3 years of related experience.
* 3 years experience in demand planning, forecasting, statistics or other quantitative analytic disciplines.
* 3 years experience in inventory management, SIOP implementation and facilitation, and quantitative analytical problem solving.
* Demonstrated experience in leading large meetings across various cross functional leaders, including executives required.
* Proficient in PowerPoint, intermediate knowledge of Excel as a minimum.
* Experience in using JDA or similar demand planning system a plus.
* Experience with Six Sigma.
Mattel is a leading global children s entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie , Hot Wheels , American Girl , Fisher-Price and Thomas & Friends , as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelcareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity