Dozer Operator at OHL North America
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: West Palm Beach, FloridaJob Description:
OHL North America
Job ID 2017-1407
Job Location US-FL-West Palm Beach
Category Field Labor
Department Community Asphalt
Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life and report any unsafe condition, accident or injury to crew leader.
- Responsible for the set up of the dozer GPS system (if being used).
- Grading various parts of the job to the designed elevation in a timely manner.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance check.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the crew leader or supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must be familiar with the operation and minor maintenance of various types of dozer equipment.
- Able to grade various parts of the job to the designed elevation in a timely manner. Some examples are: building pads, parking lots, overlots, streets, alleys and swales.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to take and give orders and follow directions.
- Must be able to learn and retain information day to day.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 100lbs and perform considerable stooping, kneeling and digging.
- Must have a full range of body movements including use of hands and legs.
- Extensive physical activities working outdoors in all types of weather conditions at construction sites.
- At times may have to work in constrained areas.
- May be required to drive company vehicles to project sites.
- Job requires working with and around heavy duty site excavation and development equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in operating Dozers and Finish Graders
- Must be able to pass a background check, and pre-employment drug screen.
- Full time position.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace - EEO Workplace - M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.