Manager, Strategic Sourcing at Biogen
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
SummaryThis is a global, strategic sourcing position, responsible for outsourced clinical services (all services related to clinical trial startup, execution and closeout). This includes developing and executing sourcing strategies that deliver value by reducing risk, improving quality, and reducing costs. Also for, category management including supplier relationship management to facilitate supplier performance monitoring, continuous improvement and innovation.Job DescriptionThis is a global, strategic sourcing position, responsible for outsourced clinical services (all services related to clinical trial startup, execution and closeout). This includes developing and executing sourcing strategies that deliver value by reducing risk, improving quality, and reducing costs.
The position leads cross-functional teams \u0026 interfaces with key internal clients to obtain their sponsorship, understand their sourcing needs, perform market research, devise sourcing strategies, lead supplier selection process of (e.g., competitive bidding, partnership development, consolidation/reducing complexities of the buy, etc.) and negotiate agreements. In addition, this role leads broader category management including supplier relationship management by partnering with the assigned business units to facilitate supplier performance monitoring, continuous improvement and innovation.
Additional responsibilities of the Sourcing Manager - R\u0026D Clinical Services include:
* Develop sourcing strategies within assigned category. This includes analyzing category spend to understand current state, obtaining business requirements from key internal clients, identifying and leading cross-functional sourcing teams, conducting market research, and creating a sourcing strategy creation from these elements of due diligence.
* Execution of sourcing strategies. This includes identifying and leading cross-functional teams, developing and managing the sourcing implementation plans, and performing all business-related functions of the sourcing initiative, negotiating contracts, and transitioning to the business units for physical implementation.
* Supplier relationship management. This includes development and tracking of key performance indicators for the category of spend, facilitating strategic supplier-company business meetings that drive adherence to contractual agreements, continuous improvement and innovation.
* Category maintenance. This includes contract life-cycle management (e.g., renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.), category databases (e.g., refreshing internal business requirement/impact metrics, supplier capabilities database, etc.), scanning the marketplace for changes and managing any known or potential business impact and developing risk mitigation plans.
* Continuous Improvement. This includes both department/category business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, etc.) and personal development.
Minimum of 8 years' experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field.
Experience negotiating contracts; strong analytical capabilities to evaluate deals and understand what are fair and optimal pricing structures
Advanced MS Excel skills
Experience working in a matrix environment with indirect reporting structures
Specialized technical expertise in one or more of the following areas (operations, supply chain, biotech/pharma R\u0026D, GMPs, Sourcing, business acumen)
Ability to communicate effectively with business unit clients; Excellent presentation skills
Ability to develop, enhance and execute on processes and procedures; regularly contributes to development of new or enhancement of existing business process methodologies and tools.Strong project management skills
Working in a GMP environment with understanding of regulations preferred but not required.EducationA Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Life Science, Engineering or a related field, and MBA is preferred.All individuals deserve the right to achieve their full potential. Accordingly, our company welcomes all job applicants, and we strive to provide all employees with equal opportunity for advancement. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on an individual's sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local government agencies or law.As an employer of choice, we strive to:Provide attractive employment opportunities for diverse candidates at all levels and in all segments of our organizationPursue and maintain relationships with sources of diverse candidates, community organizations, and academic institutionsComply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulations relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action in employmentVEVRAA Federal ContractorWe Request Priority Protected Veteran and Disabled Referrals for all of our locations