Copy writer at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a “Copy writer “; the resource should have strong experience in Account Service, Project Management, and U/X. , We are looking for a skilled and experienced Copy writer to join our team of IT professionals in a permanent role. If you meet our background requirements and skills, are looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills and expertise, is the ideal opportunity for you!
Copy writer independently responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned brand(s). They are self-motivated, client-facing and an integral portion of the creative team that works in close partnership with colleagues in Creative/Design, Account Service, Project Management, and U/X.
The CS is recognized by the client as essential to all brand creative and strategic meetings. The CS should be a creative leader at the agency, capable of producing imaginative, strategically sound, top-quality creative ideas across all assignments, on short notice if needed.
The CS should be able to supervise and mentor other writers while managing a heavy workload. In addition, the CS should have the ability to support new business opportunities while ensuring that billable work remains high quality and stays on track.
- The brand(s) cinical/scientific data
- The disease state(s) and therapeutic category(s)
- The competitive landscape in terms of both data and communication
- The external regulatory environment as it applies to their area(s) of therapy
- The internal (client) regulatory environment and level of risk tolerance
· MUST be able to develop copy that is concise, clear, creative, and supportable with overall good composition and a logical flow. :
- Contributes to the conceptual process – alone or as part of a group – by generating ideas for existing clients
- Develops strong client relationships through participation in market research, presenting creative concept development, and strategic direction
- Reads raw and/or published data and is able to translate it into product features and benefits
- Obtains additional background and current development information through research, if necessary (Internet, medical publications)
- Reviews and stays current with industry trends
- Works with Art counterparts to review creative strategies and to develop dynamic and ownable concepts
- Supervises, trains writers and Mentors developing writers on specific assignments, even if the writers are not direct reports as needed
- Fields questions and defends positions effectively, both internally and externally
- Communicates agency point of view to client
- Prepares and annotates references for submission to client’s medical/legal review process
- Works closely with editors to achieve crisp, clear writing, and claims that are unimpeachable
- Communicates openly and collegially with all team members
- Collaborates with all team members in thinking strategically about marketing plans for assigned brands or new business opportunities
- Suggests ways for the Art Director to graphically present the data
- May contribute to more than one account as needed
- Demonstrates alignment to agency and network values and culture
- Demonstrates outstanding creative/conceptual abilities
- Contributes at a high level on all assigned brands and new business opportunities
- Supervises and mentors junior writers when appropriate, spending as much time as needed to develop the writers so they can contribute effectively to the agency
- Demonstrates leadership ability in terms of strategy, creativity, business acumen, culture and values
Required Skills and Experience
· Thorough understanding of the digital environment including trends and social media
· Demonstrated conceptual ability
· Science and/or medical background a plus BUT not necessary
· Demonstrates competency in the entire Microsoft software Suite
· Proven track record in terms of teamwork and collaboration
· Experience in marketing, message development, lead-generating content development best practices, and overall mass-marketing and direct-marketing best practices
· Background in healthcare, pharmaceutical marketing experience and a strong technical understanding of the digital pharmaceutical market
Minimum Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required,
· Advanced degree a big plus
· 5-9 years' experience in a promotional agency
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.