Research Technologist, Sr. at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
UNIT: LABORATORY FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE, PARTNERS HEALTHCARE PERSONALIZED MEDICINE
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
The Laboratory for Molecular Medicine (LMM) at Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine is seeking a motivated individual to work in a cutting-edge environment to serve as a Senior Research Technologist on our genomic curation team. This team supports our clinical testing operations by providing thorough review of all data on any variant identified through clinical testing. The work involves review of literature and online resources and requires the use of evidenced-base rules for variant classification. The team also performs gene assessment to evaluate the evidence for gene-disease associations. This position would also involve providing support for these two activities by improving approaches to gene and variant assessment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs variant and gene assessments
* Researches the significance of variants
* Evaluates the evidence for gene-disease associations
* Performs literature and data review
* Develops a unique knowledge base
* Become an expert in variant sciences
* Develops an in-depth understanding of the molecular aspects of human diseases
* Develops a knowledge of testing technologies used in the laboratory
* Provides education to lab staff about variant sciences as needed
* Supports other projects related to genetic and genomic testing and research
* Clinical and research laboratory with extensive use of computers and online resources
* Job location: 65 Landsdowne St, Cambridge, MA.
BA OR BS DEGREE REQUIRED, MASTERS DEGREE IN SCIENCE-RELATED FIELD IS A PLUS
REQUIRES 5 YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE AND PROGRESSIVELY MORE RESPONSIBLE EXPERIENCE
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to balance and manage multiple tasks and projects independently, detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills,
* Independence, initiative, and problem-solving ability.
* Works independently under general direction of the PI, with little guidance from supervisor
* Ability to prioritize tasks and set deadlines
* Demonstrated analytical skills to problem solve effectively
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.