Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Job Summary: Supervise, train, schedule and coordinate activities for Warehouse Technicians and Drivers.
Reports to: Facility Manager Supervises: Warehouse Technicians and Drivers (no more than eight)
Primary Responsibilities of the Job: This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities; other assignments will be made as needed.
* Serves as the work team leader and fills in when team members are absent and as business needs dictate
* Responsible for the performance of the team they supervise and that all tasks are performed safely, accurately and on time
* Proficient in every job they oversee and will serve as the trainer for those functions; will also ensure Team Members are current on all regulatory and safety training
* Owns the processes that they supervise and ensure that they are properly documented, followed and continually improved
* Balances daily work load and makes necessary adjustments to employee schedules to minimize overtime and total labor costs; approves vacation requests, etc.; accomplishes daily completion targets
* Responsible for entering NCRs as appropriate and often serves as primary investigator; collaborates with workers and managers to identify and solve work-related problems , participates in Kaizen and/ or rapid improvement teams
* Addresses and/or escalates any potential safety, quality and employee concerns, including injury and accident reporting
* Resolves personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or escalates them to the Manager for resolution
* Coaches and counsels employees regularly in work-related activities, personal growth, and job enrichment, includes performing and presenting MMFs and annual appraisals, recommends disciplinary action when appropriate
* Maintains showcase standards ensuring safety and that the warehouse is always ready for presentation
* Conducts safety, quality or other team meetings, and serves in committee memberships as needed
* Records defects through POI, cycle times, double check, Paretos and leads efforts to eliminate defects.
Job Category: Manager
Employment Status: FT
Employment Type: Exempt
Manages Others: Yes
Career Level: Management
Years of Experience: 2 years
Education: General Business or other Degree: Bachelor s Degree preferred