Title Officer at Stewart Title Guaranty Company
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Title Officer is responsible to effectively accomplish the real estate closing transaction for insuring title insurance. This position requires the Title Officer to possess the knowledge and experience necessary to efficiently handle the title process
- Complete the real estate closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions
- Understand the title process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Collaborate with escrow department to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc.
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the issuance of title insurance
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys
- Assist customers and clients with closing related questions
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have been paid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct acknowledgements, legal, and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to escrow processors in the real estate transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future real estate closing transactions
- Market new business and make calls on current and prospective clients
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the title industry field
- Formerly in a Title Processor role
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Licensed in title insurance pre-state requirements or currently applying to be licensed, if applicable for your state
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in title closings which includes experience in the title industry.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1900 option 1 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment and Nondiscrimination
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are recruited and employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, history of disability, veteran status, nationality, or sex/gender. Some state or local laws also specifically prohibit discrimination on the basis of additional classifications, which may include ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status and/or parental status.