Parts Driver (FORT MYERS AREA)
at AutoNation - AutoNation Parts Center Clearwater
Posted in Retail 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
AutoNation Parts Center Clearwater Position Overview
The Wholesale Parts Driver delivers and picks up parts and equipment for the dealership while ensuring the delivery truck is in a clean and operable condition. What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
What are the requirements for this job?
- Deliver & pick up parts as requested by Parts Manager
- Load truck in such a way as to eliminate damage to sheet metal and other fragile parts
- Organize schedule of deliveries to maximize efficiency and post schedule to make available for contact
- Keep truck clean and neat and regularly check vehicle to keep in good running condition
- Report any malfunctions of parts vehicle to Parts Manager immediately
- Assist in keeping parts department & parts area clean
- Make pick up and deliveries safely and call the shipping department from each pick up and delivery stop
- Pick up only parts that have a purchase order on the invoice
- Update delivery log after each delivery
- Work with Parts Manager to identify potential clients and complete sales calls as determined by the Parts Manager
- Perform all other duties as assigned
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace .
- A high school diploma or the equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to use computer and calculator
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing with customers, vendors and other contacts