Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Overview of the Route Specialist
The Route Specialist will support the District Operations Manager in leading safety, service, and establishing a highly-motivated customer centric culture. This associate will foster the development of a 'safety first' culture by consistently demonstrating a strong safety and service mindset. A primary responsibility of this role will be running coverage for Route Sales Representatives that are on vacation, leave, or require additional support to ensure all customer commitments are met. In this position the Route Relief Specialist will learn foundational operations and people leadership skills necessary for advancement into leadership roles in operations management.
* Role model for Route Sales excellence. By example, sets high executional standards for the team.
* Assesses and communicates overall route status and opportunities.
* Primarily responsible for covering routes within a territory. Occasionally, performing route loading responsibilities when not covering a route.
* Proven ability to execute and train DS Services' standards for all processes related to customer service, order delivery, and inventory
* Strong team player with coaching skills and ability
* Ability to problem solve and make logical decisions
* Willingness to participate in the mentoring of new hires (if required)
* Proven ability to operate a commercial vehicle in a manner that ensures personal and public safety in unfamiliar service areas
* Strong customer service orientation and sales ability
* Champion safety by actively leading and consistently demonstrating DS Services Core Safety Values
* Strong safety, service and sales performance in the RSR role as a prerequisite
* Ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 45-60 pounds safely, on average 200 times per day
* Passion for working safely and demanding safe work behaviors from others
* Ability and willingness to travel between multiple branch locations
* Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to listen and respond to information effectively
* Strong sales techniques, communications, negotiation and customer service skills
* Must possess valid CDL
* Ability to meet Company Driver Qualification Policy
* Ability to pass Company pre-employment background check and drug screening test.
* Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled