Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Novi, Michigan
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER IN STORED ENERGY SOLUTIONS.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, GREAT BENEFITS, INCENTIVE ELIGIBILITY AND CAREER GROWTH!
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
We are seeking a Field Service Technician who will be required to perform both in shop and field service work. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer s equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
* Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
* Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
* Performs Preventative Maintenance inspections of customer s batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery changing/charging area and records data.
* Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
* Determines specific gravity of solution.
* Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer s batteries at customer s location.
* Installs equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
* Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
* Maintains records of performance reports.
* Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
* Occasionally download battery and charger data via a monitoring device and use the information to repair or correct battery/charger problems in accordance with the customer s operation.
* Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the Field Service Technician job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
* Basic mechanical aptitude.
* Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
* Previous customer service experience in field support.
* Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
* Able to perform basic math and solve simple equations.
* Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after hour service calls when required.
* Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
* Must have a valid driver s license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
* Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
* Able and willing to operate a forklift.
* Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
* Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
* Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
* Must be able and willing to be on-call.
* Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
* Must be able and willing to work overtime.
* Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
* Risk of electrical shock.
* This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Detroit