Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Durham, North Carolina
The Sr. Reliability Engineer (Sr RE) is a key position in the reliability and advancement of bio-devices for the animal health industry. This position is responsible for high level concept development of test systems, Real World Usage Profile (RWUP) modeling, detailed development and implementation of automated vaccination equipment, sub-systems and components for bio-devices engineering. The Sr RE will be responsible for developing new test methodologies and the support of testing change of existing system designs. The Sr RE is expected to work independently and at times lead entire test system development efforts, test plans, and execution of testing, in close collaboration with Engineering, Quality Control, and Manufacturing under the direction of Sr. Engineering Management. The person in this position will often influence the efforts of other reliability and biointegration team members during the course of a project, although no specific supervisory responsibilities are attached to the job.
The Senior Reliability Engineer has a variety of responsibilities, including:
* Provide influence to develop a culture/paradigm shift in data driven testing and engineering development with a reliability mindset, given high level direction.
* Participate in system engineering for complex electromechanical systems to validate mechanical and controls interactions.
* Develop Real World Usage Profile (RWUP) simulation, and test system validation and verification. Each test system must have thorough documentation inclusing prints, BOM, and procedure to use.
* Provide reliability engineering leadership for multiple test projects, including new products from design concept to full manufacturing introduction.
* Perform root cause problem solving and technical support, including teardown analysis of test and field failure parts.
* Provide detailed test/analysis results in written reporting format for engineering and biological audiences.
* Extensive interaction with engineering in design, analysis and other technical requirements.
* Execute test planning, test timelines, test execution, test results, and reporting for product development.
* Initiates justification and implementation of new test methodology and technology to provide RWUP testing capability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. in an Engineering discipline with minimum of 5 years demonstrated senior level reliability engineering experience in an automated/robotic machinery environment or Associates degree in an Engineering discipline with 10 years of experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Demonstrated proficiency in reliability engineering and test environment
* Demonstrated experience with Weibull Software for reliability calculations, analysis and reporting.
* Demonstrated proficiency with reliability engineering tools, such as root cause analysis (8D, fish-bone diamgrams, etc.), Real World Usage Profile understanding, HALT and environmental testing.
* Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making
* Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and team work capabilities.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Candidate will work mostly at the Durham site either in an office environment or a development lab environment. Travel to customer facilities will be required. Less than 10% travel required.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of @zoetis.com . In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.