General Labor at The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael RayTM Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
General Labor is an entry level position that provides fill-in support for all of the operations on any of the shifts. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, two years experience in manufacturing preferred and successfully complete the 90 day probation period. Daily and weekend overtime is required. Shifts will be assigned based on weekly operating requirements.
* Must be able to work all three shifts
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Operate all production equipment on assigned line and department
* Filling in as assigned on other positions for daily absence or vacation coverage
* Assure compliance to all quality standards
* Assure compliance to all GMP requirements
* Perform all duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
* Ability to see, read, and communicate with others. Must possess basic math skills and computer skills
* Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot process and mechanical problems
* Manufacturing background a plus
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and must be able to work daily overtime and weekends with short notice.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Pre-employment background and drug verification..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.