Engineer IV- Software at DRS Technologies
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Germantown, MD specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Title: Senior Software Engineer
The candidate hired for this position will be working in small, synergistic project teams that give each team member an opportunity to make significant contributions to the team’s efforts and achievements. Projects often follow a spiral or agile development process enabling engineers to quickly realize unique solutions, using the latest technology, and solving real-world problems for our customers.
This position requires an experienced embedded engineer with a background in distributed computing. A strong candidate should be familiar with wireless communications and signal processing. Linux development including driver development, real time development, the Open Embedded build framework, and networking. Familiarity with Software Defined Radio (SDR) framework is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop conceptual software designs from customer requirements using standard Object Oriented and/or functional methods including use cases, requirements analysis and software modeling techniques.
- Develop innovative software solutions in the areas of real-time systems, man-machine interfaces, embedded systems, wireless communications and signal analysis.
- Integrate custom software systems with industry standard frameworks and GUI’s
- Work in a dynamic team environment, presenting, communicating and collaborating on concepts, ideas and architectures, while also making significant contribution through individual achievement.
- Support the development of new business through development of attention-grabbing demonstrations and providing well-written technical content to customers and prospective customers
- Requires strong Embedded Linux experience in developing device drivers, APIs and applications that are multi-threaded and Multi-process.
- A typical candidate applying for the position should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or related technical field with more than 7 years of experience in software development, 5 or more in relevant fields. Candidates with a Master’s degree are also welcome to apply. Non-degreed engineers or candidates with an Associate’s Degree may be considered, if sufficient relevant experience can be demonstrated.
- Good written and verbal communications are needed skills for the position.
- U.S Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance are also requirements for the position.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS