Technology Analyst- R&S at Federal Reserve Board of Governors
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
The Technology Analyst contributes to the design, implementation, support, and maintenance of automation, computing, and database systems essential to carrying out the responsibilities and daily activities of Division or Board staff.
This position will work closely with the current Technology Analyst, as well as other section members to identify needs, develop applications to address those needs, and provide support. The Analyst must be able to diagnose and resolve problems associated to economic data, code, or application implementation and be comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively.
The Technology Analyst also acts as an administrator to the section's production lifecycle. These responsibilities include acting as an advisor by enforcing good production and coding standards in the section, ensuring compliance to various standards and procedures, as well as continually assessing current procedures to identify opportunities for improvement or incorporating newer technologies.
Additional responsibilities include system administration, data stewardship, and using clear communication to explain complex technical issues.
- Strong background in Computer Science or related field with 1-3 years' of technical experience
- Considerable experience with Unix or Linux operating system
- Experience with Windows environment
- Experience with at least one procedural or scripting language such as Perl, Python, C/C , or Java
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug production systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
Additional desired experience:
- Relational database systems such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience or working knowledge of version control software such as Git or Mercurial
- Mathematical or statistical modeling including familiarity with software such as SAS, Stata, R, or Matlab
- Interest in finance or economics