Law Clerk II at Career Training Concepts Inc.
Posted in Management 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Position Duration: Base plus 4 Option Years
Purpose: The mission of the US Attorney's Office, District of New Mexico, (USAO) is to prosecute and defend cases on behalf of the federal government. The United States Attorney's Office for the District of New Mexico is seeking a Law Clerk to assist with criminal case work.
Scope: The Contractor shall provide Legal Support. The USAO is soliciting GSA Scheduled contractors for one Law Clerk or equally qualified candidate in its main office located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Law Clerk performs complex legal research for the trial staff in support of district operations. Prepares draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. Screens documents for privilege and assists attorneys with all phases of litigation.
l. Reviews investigative reports and referrals from other federal, tribal, and state investigative agencies for probable cause, determines the need for additional information and evidence, and plans comprehensive approaches to obtain required information and evidence.
2. Conducts related research and drafts and prepares legal proceedings necessary to commence criminal cases, subsequent motions, orders, pretrial diversion agreements, plea documentation and other pleadings.
3. Performs a variety of tasks associated with all facets of case preparation and providing trial support to AUSAs by performing one or more of the following:
- Briefs AUSA prior to hearings by reviewing pertinent facts, issues, and case law.
- Assists AUSA in pretrial preparation by preparing, reviewing, and organizing discovery; notifying, interviewing, and managing witnesses; and researching case law.
- Receives transcripts of depositions and hearings and prepares summaries to assist AUSAs.
- Prepares presentations for court proceedings by compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits.
Demonstrated ability to review and work with a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal documents, including Motions and briefs, and a variety of legal correspondence
The contractor must have the ability to prove U.S. citizenship and that the contractor personnel meet the Department of Justice residency requirements.
Background and Screening: Required to have a favorably completed security clearance through the Department of Justice.
Hours of Operation: The contractor will generally perform the services required under this contract within a 40 hour work/week, Monday through Friday.
Benefits Available: Insurance, 401K, vacation, sick, etc.
All applicants must submit a resume. Resume must show past performance in the above scope of work and listing any past security clearances, certifications and training. In addition, the resume must list 3 professional references with contact information.
CTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.