Underwriter-Personal Lines at Allied World
Posted in Insurance 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Imagine a company where people wake up inspired to go to work. Are you a highly motivated individual who is passionate about an exceptional company culture? Do you have a winning team spirit and a passion for helping customers? Do you have experience in the insurance industry? Yes? You will want to join us because:
We are building a modern insurance experience: A company, culture and philosophy that challenge the boundaries of a traditional insurance organization. What we do: We provide Property & Casualty solutions to the high net worth segment. As a member of our team you will underwrite new and existing business accounts while providing world class service to our broker partners.
We might be fit for you if:
- You care intensely about a strong culture and organizational values.
- You constantly innovate and you understand no matter what your role is your contribution is critical to our agent and client experience.
- You pay attention to the details. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily and if you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
You are motivated and you are driven. You are an empowered team member and you are passionate about shaping the direction of our company.
- Establish and maintain broker and client contact to enhance relationships. You understand and are passionate about delivering accurate information and an interaction that is personalized, authentic and a wow experience. You keep brokers and clients coming back!
- Underwriting business within parameters set in agreed underwriting authority document.
- Perform general underwriting functions including underwriting submission reviews, pricing analysis, and setting of policy terms and conditions up to our agreed authority limits. You understand that we are protecting our clients most prized possessions and you take great pride in doing so.
- Seek input from Actuarial Department to price specific accounts when appropriate.
- Liaise with Claims Department on any specific claim activity.
- Utilize knowledge of automated systems to develop information for new and renewal business.
- Stay current with respect to major industry issues and developments.
- You understand how critical your relationship is with the brokers and clients we serve. You are strategic and thoughtful about the decisions you make to win over brokers and clients.
- You have a sense of urgency around resolution, you keep the agent and/or client informed and follow up in a timely manner.
- You work collaboratively with the entire team and escalate issues as appropriate.
- You take pride and ownership to provide service within the company established guidelines for timeliness, quality and effectiveness.
- You happily perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry required with 1-2 years of specific personal lines underwriting experience.
- Technical underwriting knowledge and skills reflective of progression in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must strive to provide service levels that exceed industry standards and demonstrate teamwork across functional areas.
- Possess the aptitude to work in a highly competitive market, be innovative in business production and retention; be able to adapt to changing markets and internal requirements.
Strong time management skills, being able to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Resourceful and results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and internet research tools.
Our company is sponsored by a global company whose rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor’s and A2 by Moody’s
Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.
About Allied World
Allied World, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World offers superior client service through a global network of offices and branches. All of Allied World's rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor's, and A2 by Moody's, and our Lloyd's Syndicate 2232 is rated A+ by Standard & Poor's and AA- by Fitch.
Our generous benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance, 401k plan, and Group Term Life Insurance. Allied World Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion or belief, sex, age, genetic information, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or their protected veteran or disability status. Please visit www.awac.com for further information on Allied World.