Principal Network Engineer Navisite / Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Andover, Massachusetts
Who We Are:
Navisite, Inc., a Charter Communications Company, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. Navisite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on Navisite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
The Principle Network Operations Engineer is responsible for developing repeatable service assurance models for the complex network solutions within the NaviSite NaviCloud Managed Cloud Services Platform and the infrastructure supporting it. This is a unique opportunity to work with the latest Software Defined Network Technologies from Cisco and VMware while overseeing client facing methodologies of incident, change, problem, and event management.
In this position, you will own the operational standards for configuring and maintaining network equipment such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls (including client and PTP VPN). You will be part of an operations support team and expected to help refine the operational models in use. Significant experience with implementing large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies is required for this position.
A large part of your role will be improving the Network focused best practices for incident, problem, change, and event management. It is expected that you understand ITIL frameworks and have experience within an MSP developing operational practices.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Experience implementing and operating large scale networks comprised of high end Cisco Routers and switches, Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K and 2K Switches, as well as ASR 9000 Routers, implemented in a fully meshed, fault-tolerant Ethernet environment. Experience with OSPF and HSRP is required. Experience with BGP, Radius, Tacacs+ and SNMP a plus.
* Experience architecting, designing and implementing complex network architectures and able to define network standards and standardized solution designs to exceed Service Level Requirements and meet customer requirements.
* Experience with Kloss-based network architectures and implementing either Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure or VMware NSX.
* Ability to design automation for key network functions and experienced with scripting and orchestrations platforms.
* Well-versed in network and systems security, not only a key understanding of overall concepts, but also the ability to implement policies, processes and develop solutions to complex network and security problems. Experience working with PCI, HIPAA compliance highly desirable.
* Experience administering and deploying Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and ASAv network firewalls and ACLs.
* Experience administering and deploying network load balancers, such as Cisco CSS11xxx, Citrix Netscaler and F5 BigIP.
* Ability to document processes, procedures and network designs clearly and accurately -- not only within our group to share the knowledge and understanding of our own systems, but also for distribution to other internal teams and to our customers.
* Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and encryption.
* Ability to clearly convey thoughts in written and verbal form to all audiences including engineers, operations staff, and Executive Management.
* Exposure to some of the following tools: Snort, Nessus, nmap, ntop, snoop, tcpdump, wireshark and other Open Source tools.
* All of our Network Engineers participate in an On-Call rotation
* The right candidate is willing to take on new challenges and work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Will also be open to learning new technologies and approaches and will thrive on new challenges.
* Advanced knowledge of infrastructure services and public cloud (Azure, VMWare Cloud Director, VSphere, NSX, and ESX)
* Ability to communicate complex solutions to client s in an organized manner
* Ability to communicate with intent and purpose to various levels of client and internal leadership
* Ability to design effective visual communication aides in MS PowerPoint
* Ability to influence technology direction with solid analysis
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently multiple projects and tasks
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
* Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and achieve results
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Bachelor s degree
* VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
* VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
* ITIL v3 Foundation
Related Work Experience
* 7 Years related work experience
* Technical experience in IT infrastructure, cloud platforms & IT systems for Azure, VMWare based clouds and/or hybrid
* Demonstrated successful experience with technical presales activities including contributing to the technical solution developmentTechnical application administration experience a plus
* Experience with DevOps / infrastructure automation a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate with clients, product constituents and management
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.