KITCHEN MANAGER at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the training of employees in connection with purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Work well in fast-paced setting
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.