Senior Designer at Edelman
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman is looking for a Senior Designer to join its PNW creative team in the Seattle office, working on some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. Edelman is a great place to grow your talent and hone your craft. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot… and swear a little. Every day.
The role of an Edelman Senior Designer in the PNW is to conceptualize and execute ground-breaking programs that are buzz-worthy and social at their core, though they can take any shape or form. From being a production designing wizard to ideation of rich social content, you’ll get to do it all. Some more specific responsibilities include:
- Work with creative and account team to produce production ready files
- Work with various file formats for print and web to produce projects based on direction from brand guidelines and approved creative concepts
- Full project ownership from conceptual ideation to the execution of smart beautiful work
- Brand stewardship and visual storytelling for your clients to ensure that all creative remains on-brand
- Open collaboration with agency team members to produce smart, powerful work
- Presentation and sell-through of creative work to account teams and clients
- The ability to generate and develop relevant concepts
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in a creative agency environment with a nice mix of print, digital and social media work
- Portfolio reflecting experience in branding, presentations, infographics, digital/interactive, advertising and print design
- Killer design chops with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to polished design, and the ability to generate and develop relevant concepts
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography work together to drive home a message
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- Understanding of how web-based technologies impact design is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, hustle, hunger, and an amazing attitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team