Group Lead Materials - M-F 7am to 4pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Responsible for ASR duties as well as overseeing the day to day operations in Receiving and Delivery from the warehouse to the lab departments.
Performs all duties of Associate Supply Replenisher as well as:
1. Leads the Shipping/Receiving Clerks in the day to day operations, ensuring policies and procedures are followed and lab supplies are put away or delivered to lab departments in a timely fashion.
2. Notify Lean Supply Supervisor of any shortages discrepancies in Materials Management.
3. Oversee cycle counting and physical inventories.
4. Provide training to employees on proper use of PeopleSoft as needed.
5. Maintain warehouse metrics to ensure efficient operational control in maintained.
6. Analyze current procedures in place and make recommendations for process improvements to the Lean Supply Supervisor.
7. Oversee the record storage, retrieval process, and destruction authorization review as needed.
8. Run daily huddle.
9. Perform other duties as required.
Supervision Exercised: No, Shipping Receiving Clerks will continue to report to Regional Lean Supply Supervisor
High School diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience in Materials, Warehousing, purchasing supply chain management, operations or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma Process and proficiency with Excel are desired.
• Basic math skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Works day shift and required overtime as needed
• Performs multiple tasks simultaneously and with interruptions, physical and mental stress
• Works in a biohazard environment and practices good safety habits
• Able to sit or stand for long periods
• Maintains confidentiality at all times. Will have access to overall employee performance, may have knowledge of disciplinary actions up to, and including termination.
• Demonstrates leadership by example, exhibiting good attendance, good decision making, and keeping the team on task
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
• Drives frequent employee interaction in warehouse providing feedback, coaching and guidance
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills and ability to answer questions with both internal and external clients
• Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
• Works under pressure and assists department in maintaining productivity and quality goals
• Ability to diffuse tense situations and applies good judgment when making decisions and resolving problems
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to operate materials handling equipment as needed (electric pallet jack, etc.)