Properly manage the outstanding Accounts Receivable accounts for all assigned customers. This includes evaluating order holds, credit limits, and resolving billing issues. This position will work closely with customers, field service technicians, sales specialist and local management as needed.
• Daily review of all outstanding past due invoices.
• Develop and maintain communication and relationships with the A/P Manager or proper contact for each customer.
• Release, hold, and/or review all orders based on company criteria prior to shipping.
• Ensure terms are followed correctly and payments are made within terms.
• Maintain complete and detailed notes regarding communication on each account using ERP system.
• Communicate to management and other departments any outstanding issues or concerns with customers. This, includes, but not limited to billing problems, credits issues or not issued, discounts or debits taken without approval, pricing differences, discount issues, etc.
• Take all calls directed to your extension either directly or from queues.
• Send out monthly statements to all accounts in the manner required by customers (email, mail, etc)
• Work, maintain and strive toward a specific set of goals related to DSO, past due balances and outgoing phone calls as directed and assigned by the Credit Manager.
• Notify management of key issues causing delay in payments or any major concerns identified by our customer base.
• Make recommendations for sending accounts to collections.
• Keep all accounts clean as to minimize open credits, open cash and any unresolved issues with customer.
• High School diploma or equivalent job experience with Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years or more experience related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections or general accounting.
• Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word with good working knowledge of Excel
• Exceptional organizational skills to manage time, workspace and tasks.
• Must be multi-task oriented. Able to work independently without daily oversite.
• Evident negotiation skills to obtain payment.
• Be able to develop and maintain relationships with diplomacy and tact.
• Great verbal communication skills with the ability to speak with clarity regarding complex transactions.
• High degree of integrity, confidentiality, and attention to detail is critical