Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
St. Anthony Health Center
Equal Opportunity Employer
St Anthony, MN, USA Hourly Full Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career NURSING career? Look no further! St. Anthony Health and Rehabilitation, managed by The Goodman Group is now hiring for a Nurse Manager to join our Skilled Nursing home and team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has Assisted Living and/or Skilled Nursing experience.
What do we offer? If you become the Nurse Manager/Sub Acute, at St. Anthony Skilled Nursing home, we offer:
Full Benefits Package
The Nurse Manager reports to the Director of Nursing. Active RN License required. Apply today!
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service.
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the daily nursing activities of the facility during the shift. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Nursing Care Functions
1. Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
2. Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures including the safety program.
3. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
4. Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
5. Make rounds with health care provider.
6. Utilize nursing personnel qualifications according to the resident's care plan, wishes, and health care provider orders.
7. Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
8. Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the supervisor.
9. Participate in facility surveys (inspections) as requested by management.
10. May be responsible for clinical programs as directed, e.g. dementia, wound care, quality assurance, infection control, admissions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Prefer experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
Must have experience in supervision and principles, practice of teaching, etc. Must possess skills in leadership and communication. Must possess creativity, integrity, and initiative. Must be able to provide critical thinking skills to address clinical issues.
Must possess an active license to practice as a nurse in this state.
St. Anthony Health & Rehabilitation https://stanthonyhealthandrehab.applicantpro.com