Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
As a Senior Financial Software Engineer, you will participate in the development and support of business units within Investment and Operations departments by delivering advanced technology solutions. Significant areas of focus may include integrating our middle and back office systems with our Order Management, Compliance and Research systems. Contribute in a variety of phases during the software development lifecycle with a focus on creating advanced software solutions, which adhere to MFS standards and best practices. May serve as team lead for small to midsized projects working with business analysts, quality assurance and infrastructure teams to meet tight deadlines.
At an expert level contribute to the design and development of technology solutions for middle and back-office business teams.
Interpret business requirements, analyze environment, map requirements to design, code, debug, unit tests programs to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Keep technical skills current; well-versed in several areas of technology.
Lead junior colleagues through technical issues.
Document code and processes to aid in system support and facilitate knowledge transfer.
Assume additional support responsibilities as necessary.
Communicate technical and business concepts to diverse audiences including business partners and management teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with a minimum of seven years of experience in software engineering. At least three years with portfolio accounting, performance and data management software solutions is desired with a preference for those who have experience with Security & Product Master, Pace and Star products offer by eagle.
- General knowledge and understanding of trading or investment decision support systems are a definite plus.
- Self-learner and team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary.
- Experience building integrations with multi-tiered third-party systems, both hosted and on-premises is desirable.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and front office support experience.
- Experience working within a mature SDLC model; working closely with BA and QA teams as well as end users to drive solutions to completion. Experience working in a continuous integration environment, i.e., automated build and code scanning.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. \\"Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement.\\".