Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Director, Commodity Accounting
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Will oversee the accounting function for physical energy commodity settlements, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, margin reporting, and balance sheet management. Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that financial reporting information is prepared in compliance with all financial policies.
* High profile role with responsibility for the management of a broad functional team with ultimate responsibility for cost and budgetary items.
* In-depth knowledge of physical energy commodity markets with Electricity and Natural Gas preferred
* Expertise associated with physical energy commodity settlements
* Working understanding of Energy Trading Risk Management Systems \\"ETRM\\" deal settlement configuration, physical operational requirements, and translation to accounting and reporting requirements
* Responsible for all power (ISO, bilateral, tolling & plant contracts) and environmental settlements, including associated affiliate transaction
* Working understanding of accounting process and controls and cash management requirements
* Responsible for ensuring that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting objectives and responsibilities
* Manages multiple functions within the department with an operational focus and responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees
* Decisions typically related to implementation of department strategy, intradepartmental coordination, and business outcomes
* Results have significant impact on costs and achievement of department objectives.
* Identifies opportunities that make a significant difference to the performance of multiple department functions and possibly organization-wide impact
* Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and/or initiatives involving multiple functional areas
* Establishes operational objectives for multiple functions including work plans and delegating assignments to subordinate managers and senior professionals
* Works within broad guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have long-term impact on the department
* Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for the department
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, prefer Master's Degree.
* Previous experience managing large teams. CPA preferred.
* Typically requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP