Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Natchitoches, Louisiana
Production Poultry Processor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim s Company product standards and procedures.
* Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
* Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
* Clean and organized work area.
* Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
* Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
* Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
* Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
* Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
* Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Ability to comprehend simple instructions
* Ability to apply common sense.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
* Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
* Ability to multitask and work quickly
* Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
* Must have good communication skills.
* Good hand and eye coordination required.
* High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
* Food or production experience preferred.