Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
This is a remote position but may require occasional travel (10%), likely to D.C.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2020.
At Ad Hoc, we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone. Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time. Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We are committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
* Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
* All work must be conducted within the U.S.
* As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
* Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You\'ll Do
* Use Node.js, React, Typescript, Ruby or other programming languages to build scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy systems
* Build APIs that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
* Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs
* Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You\'ll Bring
* Experience as a Full Stack Developer with experience in Node.js, React, Typescript or Ruby.
* 4+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
* Programming in a major open source language, such as Ruby, Python, Go, Java, or Node.js.
* Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
* Strong node.js experience.
* Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS.
* Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Vanguard 401K Plan
* Unlimited Vacation
* Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.