Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will be responsible for contributing to back end development with focus on SaaS based product development for Baker Hughes Full stream Cloud (AWS).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
* Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
* Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
* Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
* Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
* Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
* Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
* Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
* Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
* Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision.
* Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns, Java and .NET coding principles
* Expert level development skills in one language and proficiency/familiarity in two others (Java, C#/.NET, NodeJS, Python, etc.).
* Experience with SQL datastores such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
* Experience developing, configuring, and supporting Cloud computing solutions is a plus (AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
* Strong experience in web services (REST etc.)
* Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
* Experience with GIT and code management best practices
* Good knowledge of code quality standards and best practices
* Knowledge of building and integrating automated testing
* Experience working in a DevOps and continuous integration and delivery environments would be a plus
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 7 years of professional experience OR Master s degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
* Voices opinions and presents clear rationale
* Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.]]