Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Hearst’s Young Women’s Group (Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health and Seventeen) is seeking an Account Director to sell advertising across both magazines and digital platforms.
The position requires making print and digital sales calls and shaping presentations, as well as creative and thorough follow-up for every call; extensive interaction with agencies and clients to determine key marketing objectives for all accounts; maintaining and growing advertising revenue, new business and share-of-market. Existing client and agency contacts are preferred, and the ability to quickly identify new contacts and build new relationships and trust is a must.
Ideal candidate has both print and digital sales experience across multiple platforms. He/she should be entrepreneurial and idea-driven in approach to generating business, maintain strong agency/client contacts at all levels and have excellent presentation and marketing skills. An optimistic, can-do attitude that represents the spirit of our brands is essential.
· Key to the position is driving revenue across all platforms for the brand within assigned territory, agencies and/or categories
· Consultative sales approach from sales call preparation, creative and thorough follow-up for every meeting
· Interact extensively with agencies and clients to determine key initiatives for all accounts
· Capable of maintaining and building strong client and agency relationships at all levels
· Use all resources to help effectively deliver sales message to clients (e.g. various sales aides, presentations, research and data)
· Provide accurate and timely business estimates and forecasts in Salesforce and other proprietary sales platforms
· Keep relevant others informed (management, split partners, group) regarding account status, proposals, personnel changes, etc.
· Candidate must have 3+ years of experience in advertising/media sales and/or marketing; category experience required
· Superior sales/marketing skills, with results-oriented track record and ability to meet and exceed sales goals
· Excellent presentation and organizational skills required
· Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation development skills, both written and verbal