Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Amarillo, Texas
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a non-exempt position responsible for providing safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards and philosophy. The RN provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The RN develops, implements, and evaluates an age-appropriate plan of care utilizing the nursing process, clinical skills, and patient education. Also, the RN maintains professional behavior when dealing with issues or conflicts, utilizing appropriate resources, as needed. The RN provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, families, visitors, and employees. The RN will assess risks to patient safety and implement the appropriate precautions. The RN will comply with appropriate and approved standards, as outlined by the organization and accrediting agencies. The RN will comply with safety and injury prevention standards to minimize risk to self, co-workers, patients, and visitors. The concepts of the patient centered care delivery model will provide the foundation for all nursing care.
Amarillo has a population of nearly 200,000 people. The public schools are outstanding and there are college preparatory and parochial private schools available. The city boasts many cultural activities, including the Amarillo Symphony and Opera, the Lone Star Ballet and a variety of theater groups. Recreational activities are plentiful. Amarillo offers a spectacular botanical garden, numerous art galleries and museums, and outdoor activities, including golf, hiking and biking. The city is located minutes from Palo Duro Canyon State Park, the second largest canyon in the country, and is on Historic Route 66.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is recruiting one RN for the Adult Rehab Unit.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Graduate of an accredited or NLN-approved RN program
* Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s)
* Current state nursing license or permit to practice nursing in the State of Texas
* Possess (or obtain during orientation) current BLS certification from the American Heart Association upon hire and maintain certification throughout employment
* ACLS, PALS, or NRP completion within 6 months of hire and maintain or promotion certification throughout employment
* Prefer one year full time or three years part time experience in acute care setting
* Prefer 2-3 years of clinical rehabilitation experience
* De-escalation training within 90 days of hire; does not require maintaining
* Ongoing compliance with demonstration of clinically pertinent competencies as determined by the facility
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to read and write in English
* Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, and others
* Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
* Ability to respond to pages
* Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
* Ability to repeatedly twist, squat and stoop
* Bending, lifting (minimum of 25 pounds), grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, pulling, and squatting
* Exposure to infectious organisms, agents, and toxic chemicals
* On call shift coverage as required by department