Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
TRADE COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST needed for a DIRECT opportunity with Yoh's client located in GREENSBORO, NC.
THE BIG PICTURE:
This position will support the Compliance Department related to the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Customs Classification for parts, components, tooling, using the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) and regulations and internal policies applicable to the company's core activities, information and services.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Determine the classification of products using (a) the HTSUS according to the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI's), (b) Binding Rulings, (c) Explanatory Notes, (d) Informed Compliance Publications, (e) Reasonable Care Guides, and (f) other established Customs.
* Determine the international customs classification of products based on the World Customs Organization (WCO) Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding system (HS).
* Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, OFAC and Customs) and providing necessary guidance as required
* Responsible for Export Control Classification (ECCN) of parts, materials, technology and equipment as required
* Determine foreign supplier assist calculations and process, including quarterly assessment/reconciliation to US customs, providing EU Reach support, and establishing Duty Drawback program
* Respond to inquiries regarding HTS and Schedule B classification, documentation requirements or other import and export regulations to ensure timely clearance.
* Maintain a high level of skill and familiarity with customs regulations, developments and changes.
* Support Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) program
* Drafting, submitting and managing export licenses, voluntary disclosures, general correspondences, and classification requests, as required to support business activities
* Conduct Internal Audits to support the company's compliance objectives and conduct reviews of each part of the Compliance program to determine its effectiveness
* Conducting Trade Compliance New Hire training
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
* At least 4 years of import/export compliance related experience
* Ability to classify materials, technology and equipment
* Extensive knowledge in US and international customs and export control laws and regulations required, including HTSUS and ECCN classifications, NAFTA and shipments/receipts of products to/from these countries.
* Excellent communication skills required.
BONUS POINTS! OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Licensed customs broker preferred.
* Aircraft parts classification experience preferred.
* Knowledge of the Export Control Regulations desirable.
* Experience with Team Center, SAP, and/or Global Trade System (GTS) desirable.
OPPORTUNITY IS CALLING, APPLY NOW!
RECRUITER: SHANNON PAZ (SHANNON.PAZ@YOH.COM)
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.