Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a “.Net, Azure developer “; the resource should have strong experience in .Net, Azure, unit testing, C# Dependency Injection and Linq who could join in our team of IT professionals in a permanent role. If you meet our background requirements and skills and looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for your skills and expertise, here is the ideal opportunity for you!
Role: Sr. .Net, Azure developer
Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Senior .NET Consultant/Developer designs, develops and enhances software applications that support the mission of CFA Institute. This position will work within an agile, cross-functional delivery team through all phases of the software development lifecycle to deliver and maintain software solutions while contributing to coding and design standards. The Senior .NET Consultant is responsible for applying design patterns and best-practices to deliver value to stakeholders through clean, testable and reusable code. The position will be on-site in Charlottesville, Virginia, United States and will be supervised by Technical Solutions Manager, IT Development.
• Design, Develop and Unit Test per standard software development lifecycle practices. Complete project deliverables with high quality within deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Contribute to established coding standards.
• Design technical solutions in alignment with Reference Architecture.
• Share knowledge amongst peers and contribute to the knowledge base. Mentor as appropriate.
• Ensure developed software components are packaged and deployed properly
• Develop a deep understanding of business processes and be able to clearly communicate the impact of a technical solution on existing and future processes at the organizational level.
• Responsible for working within a larger team on major releases, enhancements, and operational support.
• Escalates issues throughout process as appropriate.
• Accountable for understanding business objectives, translating them into application design, transitioning the application into production and providing maintenance and support.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
• Functional experience in all phases of the development lifecycle a must including requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation and support. Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work within a structured cross-functional team on complex and dynamic projects using Agile methodology
• Understanding of source control practices. Experience in Microsoft’s Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) is a plus
• Experience in project delivery, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery
• Understanding of relational database concepts, including experience with a major RDBMS such as SQL Server or Oracle.
• Extensive experience in developing applications in the .NET platform using Visual Studio and C#
• Experience with the following is highly desired:
o ADO.NET, Entity Framework and LINQ
o Dependency Injection, Unit Testing and Mocking frameworks
o Continuous Integration, Build and Deployment Automation
o Code Instrumentation, Performance Monitoring and Tuning