Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Cosmopolitan seeks a copy editor with two to three years of professional experience copy-editing at a major consumer magazine or digital site. Must be a sharp-eyed grammar nerd who understands the Cosmo voice. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and salary requirements.
• Copyediting and proofreading, from fit one through blue lines, approximately one-third of the edit pages and proofreading the articles assigned to other copy editors
• Correcting sentences for grammar, spelling, syntax, and house style
• Liaising with editors, designers, researchers, and the assistant managing editor to troubleshoot any issues that may arise to facilitate moving pages forward in a timely manner
• Maintaining consistency with all credits (shopping, fashion, photo)
• Checking pages before shipping to make sure all elements are correct
• Maintaining story folders, ordering necessary supplies, and achieving story folders
• Two to three years of prior professional experience as a copy editor at a major publication, print or digital
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign