Occupational Therapist/OT-Home Health at Signature Hospice
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CENTRAL POINT, Oregon
Full-Time Home Health Occupational Therapist/OT
Signature Healthcare at Home - 834 South Front St - Medford, Oregon 97502
Grants Pass Coverage
Signature Team Video - Click Here!
The Home Health Occupational Therapist/OT provides rehabilitative and skilled occupational therapy services to patients in their place of residence.
* Make initial evaluation visits to patients and develop and implement an appropriate plan of care based on the patient s physical, social and cultural environment.
* Use various tests to determine patient s individualized needs related to functionality status, activities of daily living/ADL s, and fine motor coordination as they relate to the patient s.
* Perform manual and functional therapy exercises and activities with the patient.
* Complete safety assessments of the patient s residence, providing recommendations to multidisciplinary staff, family and caregivers.
* Instruct and educate families and caregivers in the use adaptive equipment and environmental modifications.
* Instruct and supervise Signature caregivers, CNA s, and COTA s.
* Revise patient s plan of care as necessary, and document clinical and progress notes the day of service.
* Graduate of an ACOTE accredited occupational therapy education program.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an OT in this state.
* Current CPR Certification.
* Minimum 1 year recent work experience as an OT.
* Must have a valid driver s license and current automobile insurance.
* Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and communicating with patients and caregivers.
* Ability to meet productivity expectations, organize tasks and manage time effectively.
* Work independently without supervision, and use good judgment in difficult situations.
* Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer