Sr Systems Engineer at Symantec
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, Illinois
The Americas Sales Organization relentlessly protects the information of small, midsize, and enterprise customers by offering more than 200 solutions within its security, information management, infrastructure operations, information risk & compliance, storage, and business continuity software portfolios. These solutions are delivered to customers through multiple sales channels, including Direct B2B/Public Sector, Value-Added/Large Account Resellers and Global Strategic Partnerships. Setting us apart from our competitors is the devotion and time we take to understand our customers requirements better than everyone else, and satisfying those needs with innovative, technically capable products. Driven by our core values (innovation, action, customer driven and trust), we endeavor to help our customers transform their businesses. Through helping our customers succeed we aim to ensure that each and every employee feels proud to be a part of the winning team at Symantec.
As an Information Security (IS) Solution SE, you will participate in the development of multi-year account plans for complex, strategic accounts, with an ability to act as the field engineering team lead on projects impacting the overall organization. You will also act as the customer s primary point of contact for the entire sales lifecycle for the Symantec Security suite. As the point of contact, you will proactively develop technical relationships at all levels of the account, ranging from system administrators to senior executives. You will need to understand key business needs, assist in mapping those needs to Symantec solutions, and drive identified opportunities toward technical closure. IS Solution SEs also require significant industry knowledge and credibility within the competitive landscape, and must have the ability and confidence to influence customer decisions.
Your responsibilities include: helping to identify new opportunities, collaborating with sales peers to qualify opportunities, and driving the technical close process on all relevant Security solutions. Solution SEs must also coordinate with Marketing and Sales to ensure that Symantec and Bluecoat initiatives are timely and appropriate for current end user and/or market demand. Additionally, the Solution SE is responsible for ensuring partner satisfaction regarding technical aspects of end-user, partner-led initiatives.
IS Solution SEs also act as project lead to ensure that the customer/partner s specific product requirements are addressed in both current and future product development, and assists both partner and direct sales with building business cases for new opportunities.
IS Solution SEs are required to deliver security-focused training to both Symantec and partner SEs. Additionally, IS Solution SEs must have a deep understanding of, and have an ability to apply, technical roadmaps to our customer s mission critical applications.
* Articulate the overall Symantec Bluecoat Information Security value proposition, vision and strategy to customers and partners
* Map customer IT strategies to technical requirements and then to workable Symantec & Bluecoat solution architectures
* Architect the solution through to implementation planning
* Collaboratively develop and articulate an end-to-end solution design, inclusive of consulting, support and education
* Provide focused leadership across technology area to drive initiatives with virtual teams in Area
* Translate customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
* Explain to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
* Identify and execute assessment-led selling opportunities
* Solution selling of all offerings within the Symantec Security Portfolio
* Perform essential sizing, tuning and configuration, and recommend solution best practices
* Provide customer with complete solution designs which may include 3rd-party products
* Articulate and document how Symantec solutions provide increased business value and improved technical capability when compared to our competitors
* Assist in technically closing complex and competitive opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skills, and credibility
* Become recognized as a thought leader and source of advice for other functions
* Deliver product and technology briefings
* Train, mentor and collaborate with Technical Sales Organization (TSO) peers both locally and across NA
* Function as the technical lead in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs.
* Proactively engage and communicate with the Business Units, Marketing and Sales
* Employ industry-leading best practice and TSO methodology and tools
* Identify revenue-impacting support escalations and pro-actively engage with required parties (both internal and external) to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
* 5 + years of successful technical systems and sales engineering experience in the security, security consulting and/or data protection industry.
* Specific experience in assessing customers' technical maturity against their defined goals and matching those assessments to solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
* Knowledge of IPSec, SSL, and VPN-based technologies.
* Detailed knowledge of the Security Industry.
* Experience with LAN/WAN/WLAN (802.11) networking design, connectivity, routing and switching protocols.
* Security Certifications such as CISSP and GIAC strongly preferred.
* Presentation-ready knowledge of several Symantec or competitor solutions and expertise in products making up one or more solutions.
* Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
* Able to articulate how Symantec solutions integrate with [and enhance] customer s existing 3rd party install base
* Broad product and solution knowledge of market trends in the Security industry and business
* Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.