Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in Corporate market segment. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
* Attend daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting.
* Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
* Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
* Meet or exceed set goals.
* Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
* Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
* Initiate and follow up on leads.
* Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
* Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
* Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
* Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
* Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
* Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
* Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
* Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
* Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
* Use your property s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
* Meet and greet onsite contacts.
* Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
* Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
* Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
* Entertain clients.
* Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
* College course work in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.