Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beckley, West Virginia
Survey III-Party Chief responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Plan, organize, and direct work of survey crew for pipeline projects
* Locate, review, and research job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects and significant land changes that would affect the survey
* Supervise the work of the survey crew, evaluate priorities, and coordinate and organize the work efforts
* Supervise the standard of work being performed and derive the necessary field calculations from work completed
* Supervise the maintenance of instruments and equipment
* Ensure that angles, distances, and other collected information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards
* Consult with computer operators and assist with the final production of work performed
* Coordinate the findings of the work produced with engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with the project
* Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys
* Determine methods and procedures for establishing or re-establishing survey control
* Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed
* Complete daily logs and collect and review survey crews' weekly timesheets and expense reports
* Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and withstand working outside for up to 8-12 hours in varying temperatures
* Must possess manual dexterity with the physical ability to work in situations which require bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching and lifting/carrying items up to fifty (50) pounds
* Must be able to carry survey equipment that is up to 48 inches in length
* Ability to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)-protective eyewear, gloves, and mask-and all other safety equipment required by the company guidelines and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Minimum of 5 years of pipeline surveying experience. Previous Hatch Mott MacDonald or Mott MacDonald experience preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a survey crew
* Familiarity with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling
* Familiarity with and proficiency in the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station Data Collector, level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods
* Familiarity with the latest software for downloading survey data from the data collectors
* Knowledge in the various methods of surveying long routes in general, and pipelines specifically
* Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and team-player attitude
* Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
* Must pass pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.