Senior Project Manager at Zelis, Inc.
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Zelis is a healthcare information technology company and market-leading provider of end-to-end healthcare claims cost management and payment solutions.
Inc.5000 award winner: One of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US!
Ranked #1 by NJ Biz as the Fastest Growing Company in NJ!
Zelis Healthcare is a market-leading healthcare technology company providing integrated healthcare cost management and payments solutions including network analytics and design, network access and cost management, claims cost management and electronic payments to payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental and workers’ compensation markets nationwide. Zelis Healthcare is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners. www.Zelis.com
The Sr Project Manager is responsible for managing key projects as it relates to Operations, Vendor Implementations, New Product Development and major software enhancements. Additionally, the Sr. Project Manager will mentor and review the project team’s assignments and outputs as well as work with the director to set the overall strategy and align the outcome of the team’s projects with the organization’s overall business goals including establishing project budgets, timelines, and resource allocation.
- This position is responsible for serving in the capacity of the project manager for individual projects and / or responsible for small to medium sized cross-functional project teams consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units.
- Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Manage schedules and assignments of project members within a matrix structure.
- Allocates work and resources in a manner which best achieves project objectives, a focus on detail while minimizing impact on existing applications and business.
- Controls project documentation quality, ensuring project meets all requirements and standards.
- Ensures that all project activities are coordinated and supportive of the project scope, time and budget.
- Must be familiar with the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Communicates with appropriate staff/leadership regarding status of specific projects.
- Serve as the senior member of a cross-functional project team consisting of individuals from various IT departments and business units.
- Effectively deal with evolving and competing objectives and possess a mastery of project management tools.
- Plan, prioritize, manage a medium to large project or team and exceed client expectations (scope, schedule, costs, risks).
- Bring high visibility and transparency into the team’s progress.
- Develops communication management plans, performs stakeholders analysis, identifies risks and take necessary actions including escalation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of information systems.
- Influence team members, peers and stakeholders to meet the objectives of the project.
- Manage and resolve conflicts within the team.
- Analyze operational impact of customer requests, forecasting costs, equipment and resource requirements.
- Manage all phases of risks management, including risk planning, identification, responses and remediation.
- Performs contingency planning.
- Lead, facilitate and possess interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team dynamic.
- Demonstrate proven experience in running projects using waterfall methods
- Demonstrate experience with lean/agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Demonstrate servant leader qualities for leading the team.
- Empower the team to be self-organizing.
- Empower the team and stakeholders to make decisions.
- Measure and report progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Demonstrate knowledge in Agile Requirements Gathering methods, Story identification, breakdown and estimation techniques.
- Conduct coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming, Daily Standup etc.
- Play a key role in coaching and assisting Product Owners in prioritization, 3-Amigo Reviews and other PO activities.
- Develop and maintain project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Manages dependencies across projects.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis.
- Healthcare experience a plus
- 5+ years managing projects
- PMP preferred
An attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits plans are available to attract outstanding candidates.
Thank you for your interest in the Zelis team!
See Job Description