Production Supervisor at Cargill
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Position Purpose & Summary
The refining supervisor role has primary responsibility to provide operations experience and management skills in the daily direction and efficient performance of refining activities in the Hazleton plant. This position is responsible for providing leadership to the production staff which includes coaching, personal and professional development and creating a highly effective team environment. This position is responsible for developing production area standards and goals while ensuring compliance with Cargill, the Business Unit and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
45% Leadership: Manage day-to-day operations, including supervision and development of direct reports to include: full human resource management responsibilities for operators, such as hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork. Develops and coaches employees using Cargill’s Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
25% Operational Efficiency: Drives customer solutions and services, product quality, SQI, and food safety. Reviews, monitors, and follows up on area results to ensure quality, food safety, and efficiency goals are met. Troubleshoots causes of customer issues or production problems and collaborates with other functions to provide efficient and effective resolution. Ensures availability of consumable supplies and provides communications to ensure the procurement of necessary supplies. Recommends and implements operating efficiencies within plant.
10% Engagement: Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
10% EHS: Manages Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within production area.
10% Oversees coordination of maintenance activities with respect to product planning, including planning and monitoring plant shutdowns. Works with Technical and Product Development groups to analyze plant capabilities versus customer needs and wants.
This position is posted internally as well as externallyEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree (engineering, sciences, or business preferred) of 5 years of experience in Engineering or related field
- One year of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience, such as crew leadership, project leadership or equivalent
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal functions (maintenance, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, auditors and customers
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to build highly effective teams
- Proven conflict management skills
- Basic understanding and knowledge of HR practices, including EEO, Guiding Principles, etc.
- General knowledge of production management with ability to develop understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop employee accountability and engagement
- Proven performance and ability to apply Cargill’s policies and procedures in the areas of safety, environment, health and food safety
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to be On-call 24/7 required
- 3 or more years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 5 or more years supervisory experience
- Process Engineering experience
- Experience with Lean/Continuous Improvement activities
- Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics