Project Manager, Marketing Operations at Inmar, Inc.
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Under general direction of the Director, Marketing Operations, the Project Manager plans, administers, and controls all aspects of large complex project(s) for the Corporate & Consumer Marketing Department, primarily in regards to the Creative Team’s project requests. This is accomplished by applying the knowledge of project management tools and processes towards project activities, combined with the skills and abilities to guide a diverse team to achieve a common goal.
The Project Manager will need to not only possess strong organizational and project management skills, but the candidate will also need to be flexible and have a dynamic personality to work across designers, Marketing Operations, Product Marketing and Sales. This person will need to be creative as well as a motivator and a source of “de-stressing” for the Creative team. This person needs to be confident in working across the creative team but also have a sense of humor and a calm demeanor in times of tight deadlines and hectic schedules.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Applies knowledge of project management project process and tool to lead creative projects. Manages all project phases and activities required for initiation, planning, administering, monitoring, reporting, and lastly transitioning and closing the project.
- Works with Project Sponsor and stakeholders to ensure the Project Management Plan, goals, scope, requirements, resources, and key milestones are accurate.
- Completes project schedule/work breakdown structure to estimate effort and duration of project tasks and then assigns resources and completion dates for project tasks.
- Ensures problems, issues and risks that may affect achieving project goals are identified, documented and resolved.
- Effectively manages project scope by ensuring any changes are documented, vetted, and approved via a clearly defined change management process.
- Tracks and reports project status and key metrics to project stakeholders regularly.
- Transitions project to ongoing business users in a manner that encourages success in maintaining the desired business outcomes.
- Completes post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved and provides insight for improvement to future delivery of projects.
- Ensures effective and successful delivery of project objectives. Accomplishes this by managing resource demands and task completion, executing project management plan to meet the stated requirements using the best available tools, and managing project issues/risks/changes while communicating to appropriate stakeholders.
- Accountable for project results along with Project Sponsor.
- Communicates expectations clearly and continuously to team members and stakeholders. Articulates the objectives of key stakeholders to the project team.
- Articulates and represent issues and obstacles faced by the project team to the Project Sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Provides consulting and business analysis in developing solutions and solving problems.
- Serves as primary contact between stakeholders through all phases of project management. In doing so, demonstrates leadership characteristics and personality traits that serve to guide the project team in achieving objectives and balancing constraints.
- Acts as mediator between stakeholders and team members.
- Leads, coaches, and motivates project team members on a proactive basis.
- Able to value, understand, and integrate diverse points of view to explore innovative solutions while at the same time keeping the team on track, focused, and on plan.
- Supports continuous improvement of Inmar’s project management processes by aiding in the development of tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Participates in training and mentoring others on project management processes and best practices.
- Effectively applies management-development training and constructive feedback, demonstrating required leadership standards and self-development.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience plus business experience in a related discipline such as Marketing, Operations, IT, Client Management, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (communications, marketing, business, preferred) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams of people; excels in leading cross-functional and inter-disciplinary teams towards common objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to act as functional liaison between departments.
- High degree of proficiency in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively manage all phases of project management; including planning, monitoring, and control, team formation and development, project tracking and project deliverables.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective communication and resource plans and serve as an effective liaison between all constituents involved in the assigned project.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Occasionally: Job requires this activity up to 33% of the time
Frequently: Job requires this activity between 33% - 66% of the time
Regularly: Job requires this activity more than 66% of the time
Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer