COOK- Hen Penny (New-York) at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Job Title: COOK
Supervisor: GM and MANAGERS
We are looking for a Skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Job Responsibilities: These may change over the course of employment.
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals during our dining hours.
- Maintain accurate food inventories.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures.
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts.
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Proper knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Ability to work in a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High school diploma/GED required; Diploma from a culinary school preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry.
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis.
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more per day.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.