Total Rewards Manager at Carvana
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
This role is eligible for relocation assistance.
- Design and implement a total rewards strategy, including broad-based and senior leader base salary, variable compensation and equity pay structures, aligned with the company's objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines.
- Partner with the Finance team to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place for all merit-based and incentive-based compensation programs, as well as for evaluating and analyzing cost implications of current and proposed plans
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive new hire offer packages and compelling offer models for candidates to better understand their potential total rewards
- Partner with Legal to design and implement employee policies to ensure compliance with government regulations, and to model best practices among similar organizations
- Provide compensation consultation to managers and the People Ops team on all compensation issues (i.e. promotions, internal mobility, market competitiveness, job matching/benchmarking studies, and industry trends/best practices)
- Conduct regular gap-to-market assessments of compensation positioning relative to the competitive market.
- Work with HR Operations and Accounting to ensure data integrity within our core HRIS and payroll systems and across all employee platforms
Assist in creating materials for the Compensation Committee
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of compensation and benefits laws and regulations to drive strategy, philosophy, and compliance efforts
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the analysis and design of compensation and benefits programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of all aspects of administering equity-based programs, including employee education, accounting, tax, and legal implications.
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balanced by an appreciation for complexity and risk
- Demonstrated ability to influence audiences of varying sizes and increasing levels of complexity.
- Both public and private company experience preferred
NICE TO HAVE:
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Tableau
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.