IT Operations Manager at John Hancock
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Hancock Natural Resource Group (HNRG) was founded in 1985 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. HNRG develops and manages diversified timberland and agriculture portfolios for a global client base, and is the world's largest timberland investment management organization. HNRG is a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial Corporation.
HNRG is seeking a highly motivated and experienced hands-on technical manager to lead a small team of IT staff. The IT Operations Manager will manage and optimize service delivery, system uptime and maintenance, asset management, and IT security processes. HNRG IT supports and maintains a global network that spans more than 35 locations in 3 continents.
Location: This position is located in Boston .
- Lead and support technical support staff. Manage workloads and schedules to optimize service delivery and SLA performance.
- Manage system outages and service delivery problems
- Manage all IT hardware inventory activities and information from acquisition to disposal.
- Manage all software, subscription, and support agreement activities including planning, purchasing, auditing, and reporting.
- Analyze IT operation metrics and activities for problems and opportunities. Produce and present status reports to IT management on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage and maintain processes for monitoring and responding to system faults, backup failures, etc
- Manage and maintain processes for completing and tracking scheduled system maintenance.
- Maintain technical process documentation.
- Liaise with IT management, project teams, and application support groups to coordinate and provide technical resources and support.
- Occasional travel and off-hours work may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field is required
- 5 years' experience managing technical staff in a mature IT environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professionalism, flexibility, and customer focus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to set priorities and meet critical time deadlines.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.