Senior Director, Strategy/Planner (Digital) at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
UEG is an award-winning global agency specializing in entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing. We create breakthrough marketing by leveraging the people, places and platforms that shape pop culture. Our suite of services includes celebrity/influencer programming, music-film-tv/digital-sports partnerships, communications, branded content and experiential.
The team at UEG is a dynamic group, bringing together best-in-class expertise across entertainment, sports and lifestyle, paired with a strong understanding of brand building and effective marketing communications. This is a work hard, play hard environment where a true passion for culture are married with the desire to create business changing work for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced planner with expertise in digital programming to lead efforts across a few integrated accounts. The overarching ask will be to help inform creative output through research and development of consumer insights and strategically-based brand/product/service narratives.
The candidate would require experience working with production teams (video/photo/fabrication/etc), social content strategy and development, high-profile influencer campaigns and experiential programming.
The digital planner must have at least five years of relevant experience in a digital agency, integrated marketing firm or for a publisher in a capacity where you helped develop digital content and channel strategies, or media plans.
Further Qualifications and Requirements
- Leads research projects that require designing and executing ethnographies, focus groups, and workshops
- Proficient at developing powerful narratives to deliver insights and strategy
- Leads presentation that demonstrate and explain strategy and insights to existing and prospective clients
- Skilled at briefing and collaborating with Creative Directors and their teams
- Solid grasp of brand strategy and brand equity assessments
- Reliable left brain skills and insight with regards to business, finance and economics
- Insight, strategy development, and idea generation to new business pitches
- Experience developing and executing online, social media, and mobile marketing programs
- Generate original ideas for creative platforms that inspire and guide creative execution
- Broad clients experience across business and consumer brands
- Experience with or an understanding of the most of the following tools and sources, or similar: gfkMRI, Comscore, Resonate, GWI, Mintel, Forrester, Iconoculture, eMarketer, Crimson Hexagon, DemographicsPRO, Spredfast, WARC, MOZ, Quorum, Traackr and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated success applying iterative, user-centered principles to guide the development of digital content, managing and designing processes that govern the development, publication, and distribution of digital content.
- Passionate consumer of digital media and infuse that knowledge into every aspect of the Planning process.
- Organized, with a proven ability to multi-task under supervision or using own initiative as appropriate.
- Possesses a foundational understanding of how people consume media in its various forms and the psychology behind why people use platforms. Fundamentally curious and always asks: how will someone see the work? Why will s/he care? What warrants a share?
- Basic understanding of SEO and UX principles, marketing attribution and multivariate testing is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with UEG’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Lead by example; demonstrate proven strong work ethic
- Delegate effectively, setting clear expectations and deadlines, providing needed resources for project completion and monitoring progress
- Manage down, across and up by working closely with staff and peers and by ensuring senior team members meet approval deadlines and stay on track with deliverables
- Help motivate and coach teams to produce quality work and meet client objectives
- Commit to continuous learning and building your technical and leadership skills through training
- Set and pursue challenging stretch goals for yourself and your staff
- Live “in color” – and encourage staff to do so – by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations and/or other personal passions