Auditor Sr - Environmental at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marysville, Ohio
The Audit Division is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. Audit assists operational management with analysis of their operations from a compliance, controls and risk management viewpoint.
- Develop / conduct audit and consulting processes at Honda group companies, including affiliated suppliers
- Planning, performing, and reviewing environmental operational and compliance audits for Honda activities in North America as well as conducting management systems audits
- Assist management with improving their system of environmental internal controls and reducing risk
- Assist management with analysis of operations, determine efficiency / effectiveness improvement aspects, evaluate compliance status and risk management aspects, support special projects, raise associate awareness through policy, procedures and internal controls Performs and review regular audits and assist management with development and implementation of appropriate countermeasures.
- Coordinate and assist with confidential business matters with other business groups/teams within the Honda group
- Developing audit scope, performing audit procedures, and preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
- Assist Internal Audit management with development of the annual internal audit plan and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, industrial, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering or related field
Detailed knowledge in the following areas is necessary: air permits (pti, pto), title v determination, compliance reports, sara reporting, hazardous waste regulations, ust registration, and water permits (pretreat, npdes, stormwater).
- Knowledge of ISO 14001standards is necessary and a working knowledge of Canadian and Mexican environmental regulations is a significant plus
- Professional certification is preferred
- 6 to 10 years of professional work experience with a large or medium sized international company involved with complex manufacturing operations (automotive experience is a significant plus)
- Extensive experience with applicable environmental laws and regulations at the North American, National/Federal and Provincial/State level as they pertain to air emissions, waste water treatment, solid waste, storm water and hazardous materials
- Working knowledge and experience with 14001 standards (required)
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve conflict
- Proficient presentation skills
- High proficiency in MS Office products and internet research capabilities
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
Ability to work on multiple projects and collaborate with various levels of operating management in a complex manufacturing environment to identify and countermeasure actual or potential environmental risks