Fire Suppression Technician at Akima, LLC
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Augusta, Georgia
AGS specializes in compliant, innovative, and efficient detention management, health services, and records and document management services. AGS safeguards some of the most demanding missions facing key federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Air Force.
Are you looking to be a part of a team that your knowledge and experience will make a difference and your expertise is greatly valued? If so, apply today!
- Under general supervision, installs, tests, repairs and maintains automatic fire detection, suppression and fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, emergency lights, fire pumps and fire doors/dampers using current NFPA standards.
- Disassembles equipment, cleans, lubricates, and tests for mechanical or electrical effects. Repairs or replaces parts to correct functional deficiency.
- Reassembles repaired component and tests for proper function within required specifications.
- Disassembles malfunctioning systems; examines and tests mechanism and circuitry for defects. Troubleshoots equipment in or out of system and replaces or repairs defective parts.
- Works as a team member in the installation, repair, and maintenance of alarm and traffic light system by performing more simple and routine tasks such as identifying, checking, and connecting power and signal cables, replacing defective parts and assemblies or monitoring system operation by following operating and testing procedures for the system and associated test equipment.
- Identifies and reports improper operating indications. Inspects systems periodically and makes necessary calibration and adjustments to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Prepares and implements preventive maintenance procedures. Preventative and corrective maintenance on wet pipe systems, dry pipe systems and Deluge systems.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and procedures
- High school graduate or equivalent (either a G.E.D. or three years of work experience that demonstrates the ability to write, read and comprehend written instructional documents, perform common mathematical tasks and to communicate effectively).
- Level I NICET Inspection and Testing Water-Based Systems Certification required.
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals and publications to interpret specifications, tolerance limits, troubleshooting and repair techniques.
Must possess a valid state driver's license and be able to obtain a military driver's license within 30 days.
Must possess or be eligible to receive a security clearance for access to material up to and including SECRET, if required.
- Special Hazards Certification and/or Fire Alarms
- NICET Level III Inspection and Testing Water-Based Systems Certification.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.