SAP SCM Consultant at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
Sr. Functional Architect
BE/ B Tech, MCA, MS, MBA
• Bring knowledge, understand trends in existing engagements.
• evaluate options in defined functional area (solution architecture domain/technology/product/ infrastructure) and contribute to the annual business planning process.
• Support activities related to strategic choices in defined scenarios (related to domain/technology/product/infrastructure) and provide inputs on enhancing/rationalization of existing capabilities and services.
• Keep track of industry trends and build/ Provide support in business cases for new solutions in EAS for new solution development in defined functional areas (domain/technology/product/ infrastructure).
• Review/Lead new solution offerings development by identifying use cases, participate in process blueprinting and walkthrough.
• Present the business case to concerned stakeholders/business leadership and seek approval.
• Serve as POC for both client and delivery team assuring projects are effectively governed in terms of solution adequacy.
• take corrective steps to prevent client escalation.
• Understand the customer domain and his/ her requirements.
• Interact with Business Analysts / Senior Business analysts for requirement analysis.
• Analyze CTS capabilities from a domain perspective and identify the operational nuances in meeting customer's requirements.
• Develop tools and templates.
• Share analysis inputs with other architects.
• Recommend best solution.
• Interact with customer and provide support in finalizing the scope.
• Clarify queries other architects/teams have on the proposed solution.
• Monitor progress on project delivery on an ongoing basis and provide support as and when required.
• Execute maturity assessment and other process improvement initiatives.
• Execute CBA and create business case.
• Create business process architecture and related process flows.
• Create Process Hierarchies and align KPIs to different process levels.
• Define Business and Operations KPIs and align with strategic and tactical objectives of engagement.
• Apply BRM on specific customer problem areas and devise BRM enabled solutions.
• Responsible for client satisfaction, risk and escalation management Understands client stakeholder expectations and guide delivery team to successful implementation.
• Review, finalize, and manage overall delivery of solution including business blueprint and design audits, supporting SMEs and consultants form a solution point of view.
• Support operations in on boarding and enablement.
• Asset Development and Governance (Cognizant H1,H2,H3).
• Create assets in H1/H2, Build and finalize implementation plan with client and internal stakeholders.
• Identify re usable assets and track utilization of assets across projects.
• Assist in analyzing metrics and feedback from project teams adopting designed assets.
• Monitor asset effectiveness during realtime implementation.
• Identify areas for improvement / customization and redesign asset based on analysis.
• Develop and ensure promotion/adoption of assets in H1/H2.
• Support collateral creation for seminars and industry forums.
• Provides handson, ontheground management of medium engagements to assure that growth opportunities are appropriately identified and existing opportunities are mined.
• Identify new needs in existing clients and share suggestions with Principal/Sr Architects.
• Participate in discussions, presentations with customers at a strategic level versus execution or tactical level.
• Lead RFP response actively in terms of solution architecture and design, effort estimations, risks and mitigation.
• Lead oral presentation to the customer in area of domain/product expertise.
Client Management/Relationship Management:
• Proactively build relationships with functional owners in client organization to build long term partnerships.
• Create and own connect with the right sponsors/business leaders for a given solution.
• Drive alignment, connects with third party vendor in an engagement wherever applicable.
• Own Expectation Management, Client Satisfaction Management, and Risk Management in area of domain/solution expertise.
• Deliver and measure value pre, during, and post engagement and communicate to stakeholders.
Market Scan & Brand Branding and Opportunity Identification:
• Bring deep knowledge of customer business domain/industry within given vertical or domain.
• Conduct secondary research on domain//industry specific solutions.
• Bring an understanding of competitive landscape.
• Identify key trends and forecasts in the domain/industry.
• Participate/Contribute to conferences with partners, analysts / vendors in area of domain/technology expertise through active mindshare gain Webinars, White papers, speaking events etc.
• Prepare/review collateral, publications, technology papers etc for distribution.
• Contribute to opportunity qualification and provide inputs on enhancing/rationalization of existing capabilities and services.
• Contribute TL, Design, PoVs, tools, templates, case studies etc artifacts into the knowledge management repository.
• Conduct and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions across the team.
• Build awareness of the knowledge repository among teams.
• Participate in junior to middle management level talent selection.
• Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
• Guide the employee in setting career paths.
• Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback, and address concerns.
• Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
• Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
|1||Supplier Rel Mgmt-Procurement||NA||Desired|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|