Project Architect at American Structurepoint
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Indianapolis, IndianaJob Description:
Job ID 2018-1275
Job Locations US-IN-Indianapolis
Category/Group Architectural Group
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
American Structurepoint is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
American Structurepoint is constantly defining the built environment by creating an atmosphere of creativity, responsibility, diversity, accountability, and entrepreneurship. We believe that innovation comes from a constant flow of diverse ideas. The phrase "because that's how we've always done it" is never a part of our conversations. We encourage our experts to try new things and explore ideas that can help our clients achieve their goals, even if those ideas are unconventional. We are looking for innovative, creative, and passionate professionals who seek excellence in all they do to serve their clients. We invite you to explore the following exciting opportunity to join our team:
Position: Project Architect, Corrections Experience
Location: Indianapolis, IN
We are looking for a team oriented and technically gifted problem solver to become the next integral member of our project architect team. This person will work directly with our skilled team of Project Managers, Designers and Project Architects on the design, implementation and documentation of projects of a diverse range of project types, but with a primary focus on correctional facilities.
Successful candidates must share our passion about design and must have the commitment to not only meet our high standard of excellence, but to continue to push the boundaries and raise the bar in our expanding and evolving architectural practice.
- Coordinate with internal teams on highly refined and complex projects in order to produce high quality construction documents
- Coordinate design with teams working in 3D (Sketchup)
- One-on-one interaction with clients, consultants and contractors during all phases of projects
- Research materials, systems, and codes and implement them in construction documents
- Construction Administration experience preferred
- Permitting and agency coordination preferred
- Limited travel required
- Completion of BArch or MArch from an accredited college of architecture
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience in an architectural office
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with medium to large scale correctional facilities
- Ability to work well and self-motivate in a collaborative team environment while coordinating multiple disciplinary projects
- Strong design and presentation skills, as well as thorough understanding of building codes and construction technology
- Strong team player with effective internal & external communication skills
- REVIT experience required