Medical Coder at nThrive
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Winston-Salem, North CarolinaJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Job ID 2018-23013
Employment Type full-time
Job Location US-NC-Winston-Salem
Hours Per Week 40
The Remote Medical Coder assigns and/or validates the appropriate diagnostic and procedural (ICD-10-CM/PCS) codes as well as MS/DRG and/or APR/DRG based on abstracted information on discharges for data retrieval, analysis, claims processing and billing and adjudication. Coder will maintain coding quality as prescribed by Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, Policy and Procedures.
- Works closely with the client's HIM and other support departments.
- Works with cutting edge technology, including various EMR systems, complex abstracting programs and the best encoders in the business.
- Enjoy the benefits and learning experience of being exposed to different HIM environments.
- Be an active participant in client and MedAssets-Precyse staff meetings, training and conference calls, often using online technology.
- Learning is a daily part of your role with MedAssets-Precyse - keep your coding knowledge base current with Precyse University, available to all coding colleagues. We will provide full ICD-10 training and ongoing courses with AHIMA and AAPC approved CEUs at no cost to our colleagues. This education is being used by some of the top health systems in the country.
- Works with nationally recognized HIM professionals and a coding team of more than 375 colleagues in 41 states.
- You're a key player in MedAssets-Precyse's Compliance Program, demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulation information, promoting confidentiality in handling patient information.
- Our coding colleagues work for MedAssets-Precyse, coding records for multiple clients where the hospital has outsourced either all or a part of the coding functions to MedAssets-Precyse.
- Active RHIA, RHIT, CCS
- 3+ years of recent and relevant hands-on coding experience including active production coding
- Ability to travel100% of the time
- Ability to consistently code at 95% threshold for both accuracy and quality while maintaining client-specific and/or Precyse production standards
- Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must display excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with all levels of internal and external customers
- Candidates must successfully pass pre-employment coding test.
- Cable or DSL high-speed, wired Internet Connection
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.