Research Associate at Cambridge
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
The Research Associate (RA) works directly with a team of analysts who research, write, and publish reports to help make leaders successful in their roles. Specifically, analysts on the business insights team help clients use data, analytics, and insights to effectively become more insights-driven through their research, advisory, and consulting projects. Topics of research include customer analytics, artificial intelligence, business intelligence, data science, advanced analytics, and data and insights strategy. Reporting to a VP, the Research Associate will help the analysts be more successful by working as their “right hand” throughout the research, delivery, publication, and promotion processes.
To succeed in this role, an RA needs to have both intellectual curiosity and operational enthusiasm. You will:
- Manage research projects. Working with assigned analysts, formulate a project plan, establish a check-in process, coordinate research, and manage a schedule.
- Assist analysts with primary and secondary research for published reports, including phone interviews, online surveys, and internal and third-party data.
- Support analyst presentations with well-formatted charts, appropriate callouts, meaningful titles, and a sequence of slides that tell a story.
- Maintain report production schedules, from inception through publication.
- Learn and be responsible for quantitative work with Forrester’s data sets.
- Coordinate the use of social media platforms and help drive the team’s thought leadership (e.g., blogs, Twitter, online community) in the research and publishing process.
- Support team management on special projects, analysis, and reporting.
- A B.A./B.S., with a strong academic record. All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply; any quantitative or statistics interest is a major plus.
- One to two years of varied undergraduate or postgraduate work experience, especially in a project/program management and administration type of role.
- Advanced word processing (e.g., Word) and spreadsheet (e.g., Excel) skills, as well as comfort with cloud-based productivity apps.
- Strong business writing and client-facing communication skills.
- Attention to detail and interest in learning new content areas.
- Strong graphics and presentation building skills.
- A passion for learning about the impact of technology on business.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.