MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Emporia, Virginia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
We are seeking a talented day shift Maintenance Supervisor for our Emporia Plywood facility located in Emporia, VA.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Lead a Plywood mill Maintenance team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with MBM® management philosophy and framework. Supervise/coordinate maintenance efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Support the production processes to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business. Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved; monitor the quality of craft work and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency; assist with troubleshooting production issues; provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management; data entry and completing/generating reports.
What You Will Need:
- High school or GED equivalent
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications.
- Experience in leading improvement efforts in Reliability, and Predictive and Preventive Maintenance.
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem solving tools.
- Able to read mechanical, structural and electrical drawings
- Experience planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment (with or without reasonable accommodations), including extended periods of time in dusty, noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote and enforce safe work practices.
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf